Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to Books to Blogs, the first free website where you can read your favorite book in a blog, and justify (to yourself, if not anyone else) the inordinate amount of time you spend on the computer surfing websites and reading blog post after blog post, while staring at a library of books in front of you that you know you want to read someday, if you only had the time. At least, that's what's been happening to me. I will start off with books in the public domain, liberally taken from a great website-- Project Gutenburg, which through the volunteer effort of millions of man hours, has created a large assortment of publicly available texts that are free to be reprinted, provided that you include the copyright information. I will post one book at a time, in bite-sized blog posts suitable for reading within a typical blog-reading session, with no interruptions during a book, until I can't find any free books that interest me. My goal is to compel publishers to return to a periodical format, modernized for the always online, Twitter/Blogger/iPhone generation, so that I can read books again, without feeling guilty about not holding the printed pages in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment